Dr. Alejandro Gutierrez Talks About the After Surgery Process
Weight loss is often a challenge. While a healthy diet and regular exercise can promote weight loss, they are often difficult to maintain for more than a short time. The weight loss itself is often slow and unreliable. Diet and exercise can help you lose weight, but on their own, they are rarely enough – especially if you suffer from severe obesity.
In order to consistently lose weight in a way that is healthy, effective, and based on sound medical science. Many of those struggling with obesity turn to what’s known as “medical weight loss”. A series of strategies for controlling weight that has been proven by medical science, all while under the supervision of a trained doctor or medical expert.
Types of Bariatric Surgery in Mexico
- Gastric Sleeve
- Gastric Bypass
- Gastric Banding
- Duodenal Switch
- Bariatric Surgery Revisions
Bariatric Surgery CostsBut in the United States, the cost of bariatric surgery is often substantial. Few insurance companies cover the full costs of bariatric surgery, which is the most expensive in the world and often well over $20,000 out of pocket. That cost also doesn’t necessarily come with a better standard of care, as the United States does not even rank in the top 10 for medical care. Those that need to pay for bariatric surgery out of pocket are not left with many options. You can first look into weight loss grants. Some organizations, like WLSFA, offer grants to those that are in need of weight loss surgery. But unable to qualify for insurance.
Affordable Bariatric Surgery for Self-Paying PatientsYou can also shop around to see if anyone offers discounts for self-paying weight loss patients. Although rare, some private surgeons may reduce the cost of your surgery if you are a self-paying patient. However, the discount is unlikely to be substantial, as the cost of US-based medical care remains higher than almost every other country in the world. Rather than complete your surgery in the United States, you may want to consider medical tourism. Right across the border in Tijuana, Mexico, you can find outstanding medical services for a fraction of the price of bariatric surgery in the United States. The quality of medical care in Mexico is excellent with the right doctors and surgeons. For those that have to self-pay for bariatric surgery, it represents a significantly reduced investment.
What is Medical Weight Loss?The vast majority of weight-loss strategies are either difficult to maintain or based on faulty science. Most diets are simply forms of starvation that can actually hurt your chances of long-term weight loss, while for many, diet and exercise alone are not enough. Weight loss surgery in Mexico focuses on medical-based weight-loss strategies. It is under the supervision of a trained physician or bariatric surgeon. Strategies include, but are not limited to:
- Personalized Diet and Nutrition Plan – Based on your specific body type, age, nutritional needs, and more. One will have a personalized nutritional action plan that will ensure healthy weight loss using only empirically validated research.
- Regular Updates and Monitoring – Meet with a doctor often to monitor your health and keep track of your weight loss. This monitoring assures fewer complications and also provides additional accountability for your weight loss goals.
- Determination of Weight Loss Medication – You and your doctor will decide if any weight loss medications are needed. Often there are alternative strategies to weight loss medicine, but the option is often there for those that need additional support.
- Weight Loss Surgery – Perhaps the most effective of all medical weight loss strategies is bariatric surgery (surgery for weight loss). Studies have proven it is the most effective way to lose weight. This can control your weight loss for the rest of your life, with many showing as much as 65% weight excess weight loss or more within the first year.